Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our member services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Our rules and guidelines have been developed based on AHPA's current Code of Conduct. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- Members’ use of the member portal is for the purpose of collaboration and information sharing. Conversations shall be relevant and conducted in a respectful and collegiate manner. Members must not use the portal to direct staff or make demands, as this is the role of the Board.
- Members shall abide by AHPA's Code of Conduct when engaging in any discussion on the Community.
- Members shall not use their association with AHPA in such a manner to imply endorsement of any status, position, or issue unless explicitly permitted in writing.
- Members shall not intentionally damage or undermine the work or the professional reputation of AHPA or of another Member, or act in a way that is detrimental to AHPA’s aims and objectives.
- Where a Member takes a position that is conflicting or competing with that of AHPA or of another Member, the Member must engage in open communication to mitigate the potential risk or conflict.
- Members must respect the value and diversity of every other Member, working alongside each other in a spirit of mutuality and collegiality, being positive and proactive.
- Members will actively participate to achieve reciprocal benefit for all Members.
- Members will ensure that issues raised are of sufficient substance and strategic value to warrant the commitment of scarce resources.
- Members can assume, unless specifically stipulated otherwise, that any information that an AHPA member organisation shares on the Pool, or their public domain websites, on social media platforms and via email can be adapted, referred to or shared by member colleagues as appropriate, providing explicit acknowledgement (in the form suited to the medium) to the publisher / writer is included in the sharing.
- Members must understand and acknowledge the benefits and parameters applicable to their category of membership.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and re-join under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a communication platform for invited persons whose organisations are members of Allied Health Professions Australia. Allied Health Professions Australia is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Allied Health Professions Australia or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Allied Health Professions Australia be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Allied Health Professions Australia and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Allied Health Professions Australia does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Allied Health Professions Australia we will take all appropriate action.
Allied Health Professions Australia reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.